Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Ninth Gate


Movie Name: The Ninth Gate
Genre: Action, Drama, Slice-of-life
Language: English

I saw many a movies on weekend with Good Friday holiday. I started Friday morning with Johnny Depp’s movie.

The plot of the movie revolves around the book which can summon the Devil. Johnny Depp is assigned with the task to check the legitimacy of the book as the book is famed to have portraits by Lucifer himself. The rest of the story follows Depp’s quest for the book.

There was nothing complex about the movie. I liked it for its simplicity. They have not used any excessive drama, violence or dialogues. It follows the story and the story keeps you bound to your seat. The ending is good and not a predictable one. As for acting, most of the screen space is taken by Depp who has performed brilliantly as a man whose God is money. I will give him thumbs up for his act.

My ratings are 3.5 /5.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment