Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kalavani

Movie Name: Kalavani
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama
Language: Tamil

I was looking forward to watch this movie as suggested by one of my friends. Movie was in Tamil so I took help of subtitles. It was worth the trouble of reading subtitles while listening to a language unknown to me.

The plot of the movie revolves around a guy named “Arikki” in a small village of South India. He is studying in intermediate (+2) and has failed twice already. He enjoys life without helping his mother or sister in household chores unknown to his father working in Dubai. He meets a girl named “Mahesh” from nearby village and falls in love with her as typical love on first sight. The rest of story consists of their trials and attempts to fulfill their dreams to marry each other. The story is simple without much drama element. It is a feel good movie with a happy ending.

The music was good to listen even when I was not able to understand the lyrics. The acting was good. Everyone looked natural in the role. I liked the acting by “Thirumurugan” who has acted as girl’s brother and main villainous character. Acting by both the protagonists is good. They are looking naturally in love without any cheesy dialogues or long monologues. The setting is in a village with great scenic beauty.

I liked the movie very much as it does not load you with heavy dialogues, sets or locations. Nothing looks artificial in the movie. The only negative point is length. It is about 150 minutes long. But one does not feel bored. I will suggest the movie to the people who can accept subtitles and can read them very fast :)

My ratings are 4.0/5.0

2 comments:

  1. BTW its a tamil film :)
    you should watch Pasanga..its another film of the same actor but the kids have stole the show..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try to find the movie...
    I am editing the post to change it to Tamil...
    :)

    ReplyDelete